It’s time to grow a little, so we, Katherine (The War’s Diabetes Pharmacist) and I, are looking for a couple of folks who want to blog about Diabetes. Special folks who are willing to share a bit of themselves to help others fight and win their War On Diabetes. Could one of them be you?
Have you ever wanted to write a blog, but did not want to have the responsibility of posting several times a week? This could be for you, We are not looking for any big committment – and it would be tailored just for you and what you can contribute whether that would be once a month; twice a month; or even a little more often. How often would be up to you.
Before I go any farther, I want to remind you that you don’t see any advertisements on this blog, or on the website. So, if you think you might want to push a particular product – joining us in the War may not be for you.
So, what are we looking for?
- We’d like to find a nutritionist and/or dietician – there’s a lot to write about just for us Diabetics.
- Somebody for exercise like a physical therapist or trainer. Remember, we are more interested in general health and well being than in sculpting.
- A Type 1 Diabetic, or maybe two – one younger and one a bit more mature. We don’t know the challenges they face.
- A female Type 2 Diabetic – has to have a different point of view that this male.
- Somebody who fought the battle and beat Prediabetes – and there are a lot of you out there who have done this.
- Recipes that are easy to fix and offer us great taste with not a lot of carbs. And, use regular food!
- Heck, if you just write well and make us laugh at Diabetes, that could be reason enough to want to be a part of the War – humor can be a very potent weapon.
Okay, that’s the wish list. If you don’t fit in one of those categories, that’s okay. Maybe you bring something we have not thought of and find we really need. Never know until you ask, right? Not only will your blog posts appear here, there will also be a direct link from the website. Yes, I know the website might have to be redone to make that work well.
Having a sense of humor; looking at things from just a bit off-center, and wanting to have fun are incredibly important. We want this to be one of the best experiences of your life and will work with you to develop topics. Does it gets any easier than that?
How long you blog with us is really a personal matter. We know life changes, but for you to create an impact, we think the minimum length of commitment would be for about 12 posts.
What’s the result of writing for this blog and website? The War will get to more people; more folks will be helped. If that’s important to you, we want to talk with you. And, you will be part of something that is growing and touching people. Sound good? If you answered, “Yes,” we want to hear from you.
Have very little time or are already blogging, but still want to help? We will consider one-time guest posts – but they will have to be pretty special.
As always, thank you for reading.