Holidays. Shopping. Work deadlines. Shopping, again. Family. Eating. Friends. Shopping (unless you just get everyone gift cards). STRESS. This is a very high stress time of the year, which can lead to higher glucose readings unless you take a few precautions…
The holiday season is upon us, as is the stress that comes along with it. Here are some quick tips to reduce your stress level this holiday season:
- Continue with your exercise regimen and schedule it in on a daily basis – it is a great stress reliever and you will feel better afterwards.
- Get all your prescriptions filled in a timely manner – do not wait until the last minute.
- If you are traveling, bring extra supplies, medications, and snacks just in case you experience delays. Be aware of time changes as it can impact your insulin dosing.
- Make a list when going shopping, take advantage of sales, gift cards, and coupons to help stay within your budget. Avoid impulse buys!
- Try online shopping from home – many sites offer free shipping!!!
- Delegate chores, tasks, cooking/baking, and shopping.
- Be flexible, not a perfectionist and allow time for relaxing.
View original post 19 more words